Book Freedom Holidays

Departure Date: Travel Calendar
Star Rating:
Board Basis:
Property Name:
Promotion Code:
Select rooms
Rooms Adults
Room 1

If you are group of 9+ or travelling with infants please call us for best deals (01624 696501).


We have experienced travel advisers who specialise in dealing with group bookings and will negotiate bigger discounts on your behalf. Call us on 01624 696 501 for more information.
Page 1 2 3

Weddings & Honeymoons Abroad

If you're choosing a religious ceremony you may need to cover your shoulders and below the knees, it's advisable to check before buying your outfit.

Although you'll want to look bronzed on your wedding photos, be sure to pack high factor sun cream - strap lines and sunburn won't be attractive!

Transporting your wedding outfits

It is recommended that you pack your outfits in a hard suitcase and placed in the hold. However, it's best to check with your airline because they may prefer it to be packed in a box or separate suitcase.

Residency and legal requirements

As shown on the quick reference grid most countries have rules about how long you need to be in that country before you can get married. This is only normally a few days and will be dealt with by us and the tour operator. Please refer to the quick reference grid for information on the documentation that you'll need. You will normally need copies of the items before you travel and the originals to be produced before your ceremony.

What are affidavits/statutory declarations?

An affidavit or statutory declaration is a legal document that can be obtained from a Commissioner of Oaths (a solicitor authorised to authenticate oaths on statements). These must state that you are both free to marry and the document must be signed and stamped by a solicitor. It should also contain your full name, address, nationality, religion, passport number and occupation. This document must be obtained within 3 months of your intended date of wedding and must also state you intent to marry in the destination you have chosen.

Solicitor's costs will vary for the above so make sure you shop around. Please also remember that the requirements for a Single Status Statutory Declaration are per person (not a joint declaration).

Certificate of No Impediment

Some countries ask for a Certificate of No Impediment, which is obtainable from the Register Office in the area where you reside. You will have to give notice of your marriage in the same way as you would for a civil wedding in the UK and after twenty-one days you will be issued with the certificate.

You will then most likely be required to send a copy of the certificate to the authorities where you plan to marry. Remember to take the original document with you when you travel.

Legalised documents

In some destinations, such as Mexico and Dominican Republic, you will be required to have your documents legalised by the Foreign & commonwealth Office in London. Legislation will follow upon having any of your documents certified. We will inform you if this is required.

Page 1 2 3

:: All Inclusive Holidays

All Inclusive Holidays

All Inclusive Offers...Click for More

:: Special Offers

Special Offers

Destination Guides

:: Wedding Holidays

:: Holiday Inspiration

Holiday Ideas

Need some holiday inspiration?

Adult Holidays | Airports | All Inclusive Holidays | Package Holidays | Beach Holidays | Budget Holidays | Family Holidays | Feedback | Lapland Holidays | Long Haul Holidays | Summer Holidays | Unique Holidays | Wedding Holidays | Valentine Holidays | Winter Holidays | Worldwide Holidays | Holiday Blog